Mommy Makeover is a recent concept in cosmetic surgery, like post bariatric (weight loss) body contouring surgery, to restore the body contours to their original shape and size.
The goal of a mommy makeover is to restore the shape and appearance of a woman’s body after childbearing. Pregnancy leads to stretching of skin of tummy and breasts and loosens the tummy muscles in addition to weight gain .Many women notice changes in their bodies post-pregnancy. There are many areas of the body that can be addressed, most commonly the breasts, abdomen, waist, genitalia and buttocks.
Dr. Imran Riaz, Plastic surgeon, perform mommy makeover as a single-stage procedure near you. He applies many techniques and take many factors into consideration when choosing which techniques are best for you:
- Desired amount of restoration
- Placement of the incisions
- Type of implant used
Possible procedures in a mommy makeover
- Breast augmentation
- Breast lift
- Buttock lift with augmentation
- Tummy tuck
- Vaginal rejuvenation
Who is a good candidate for a mommy makeover?
Mommy makeover surgery is a highly individualized procedure. You should do it for yourself, not to fit any sort of ideal image.
You may be a candidate for mommy makeover surgery if:
- You are in good medical health
- You are at your ideal body weight
- You have a positive outlook and realistic expectations
- You are finished with childbearing
HOW TO START
You are advised that during your mommy makeover consultation be prepared to discuss with Dr. Imran Riaz:
- Your surgical goals
- Medical conditions, drug allergies and medical treatments
- Current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements
- Previous surgeries
Dr. Imran, your plastic surgeon will also:
- Evaluate your general health status and any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors
- Examine your breasts, abdomen, genitalia, and/or buttocks and take measurements of their size and shape, skin quality and skin thickness
- Take photographs with your consent
- Discuss likely outcomes of mommy makeover surgery and any risks or potential complications
In preparing for mommy makeover surgery, you may be asked by Dr. Imran Riaz to:
- Get lab testing or a medical evaluation
- Take certain medications or adjust your current medications
- Avoid taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory drugs and herbal supplements as they can increase bleeding
Following your total body makeover surgery, bandages will be applied on your operated sites. An elastic bandage or sports bra will minimize swelling and support the breasts. A compression garment may also be used to control swelling in the abdomen, waist and buttocks.
Healing will continue for several weeks as swelling decreases and the shape of the breasts, abdomen, waist, genitalia and buttocks improve. Continue to follow Dr. Imran’s instructions and attend follow-up visits as scheduled.
How much does a mommy makeover cost?
A surgeon’s cost for mommy makeover surgery will vary based on the chosen procedures to be performed as part of the mommy makeover as well as the surgeon’s experience. Please consult with Dr. Imran Riaz to determine your final fee.
Mommy makeover cost may include:
- Surgeon’s fee
- Hospital or surgical facility costs
- Anesthesia fees
- Prescriptions for medication
- Post-surgery garments
Please remember that the surgeon’s experience and your comfort with him are just as important as the final cost of the surgery.